More and more employees are requesting options of remote working and flexible hours hence I wanted to share some insights for you all Here are some statistics on remote working in New Zealand:
- According to a survey conducted by Stats NZ in 2020, 32% of employed people in New Zealand had worked from home during the COVID-19 lockdown period.
- A survey by Hays New Zealand found that 49% of employers in New Zealand expected their employees to work from home more often after the pandemic than before.
- The same survey by Hays New Zealand found that 60% of employees in New Zealand would like to work from home more often after the pandemic than before.
- A report by BusinessNZ found that the COVID-19 pandemic has increased the uptake of flexible working arrangements in New Zealand, including remote working.
- The same BusinessNZ report found that remote working is particularly popular among knowledge workers, with 75% of professionals and managers reporting that they had worked from home at least once in the past year.
- A survey by Seek New Zealand found that 75% of job seekers in New Zealand are looking for flexible working arrangements, including remote working.
These statistics indicate that remote working is becoming increasingly popular in New Zealand, with many employers and employees seeing the benefits of flexible working arrangements. The COVID-19 pandemic has also accelerated the adoption of remote working in New Zealand, with many companies now considering it as a long-term option.
We recently finalised a remote working policy with good details of software and timekeeping requirements to ensure team members are productive no matter where they work. Please request a copy of our policy by submitting your on Contact US